A friendly reader asked me what I thought the church would look like as we allow Jesus to develop his church. I didn’t know…
So I prayed.
First, the LORD showed me a blueprint in the Spirit, which I didn’t understand. I said, “I don’t want a blueprint for ME but for You, LORD!” As I stared at the spiritual blueprint, various aspects grew as part of a potential 3D model of towers in the LORD. It became clear to me that the blueprint in the picture was Jesus’ Church.
As I prayed about this, the LORD led me to 1 Corinthians, which I began to read with Jesus’ Church in mind. Several elements were revealed…elements of Jesus’ church. All of these elements are supported by Biblical references, primarily from 1 Corinthians. These are the towers that could rise up as we allow Jesus to build his Church.
So, get your Bible…
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 UNITY
- 1 Corinthians 1:29 HIS PRESENCE
- 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 WISDOM OF GOD
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 VESSELS (empty building)
- Matthew 25:19 DISCIPLESHIP (verses the oak trees which are taking existing nutrients = existing church)
- 1 Corinthians 3:17 HOLINESS (also supported in 1 Corinthians 10)
- 1 Corinthians 4:2 FAITHFULNESS
- 1 Corinthians 4:8-16 HUMILITY
- 1 Corinthians 6 INTEGRITY
- 1 Corinthians 9:4, 7, 11, 14 SELF SUSTAINING
- 1 Corinthians 13:10 LOVE/PERFECT LOVE (the aim)
- 1 Corinthians 14:3, 5, 12, 25, 26 EDIFICATION (and CONVICTION)
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 GOSPEL
- 1 Corinthians 16:2 on COLLECTION (none as Paul represents)
Products which will result from the establishment of Jesus’ Church
- INTIMACY (family; in Matthew 12:50 Jesus says, “For whoever does the will of my Father in Heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”)
- FEARLESSLESS (fear of GOD, not man; Proverbs 1:7 & Psalm 118:6)
- OBEDIENCE and HEALTH (Deuteronomy 11:22)
I could break this down into more detail, but I encourage us all to mediate on scripture for ourselves. Please challenge me if you do not agree or see something else in the scriptures I’ve presented that contradict what I’m suggesting. And certainly, let us pray that the church of Jesus becomes manifest as we pray, seek GOD, surrender fully, and wait to do as He leads us.
Shalom, dear friends.