As a Watchman, it is simply in my nature to look beyond the obvious to discern the spiritual significance in all things. All things. It happens. Before I realised I was a watchman I thought everybody experiences life through this lens.
At this time in the world, I am looking at coronavirus, and wondering how this fits into the Biblical perspective.
- Judgment of the Nations: Jesus will judge the earth, and separate the sheep nations from the goat nations. There is an old adage: “Home is where the heart is.” Over recent weeks, we have had a mass migration of people returning to their home nations. Some are still trying to get home. What about Jesus’ perspective? Perhaps getting everyone into their “home” countries — either literally or spiritually — is how the LORD wants people congregated before he judges the nations. (Matthew 25:31-46)
- Aliyah: There are more Jews in New York City that anywhere else outside of Israel. New York City has been hit hard by the coronavirus. It is only logical, as it is a very congested city. But what about the Jews? For decades people have been speculating about how Aliyah will be made when the Jews are politically forced out of their countries of residents to return to Israel to be safe. What if it isn’t politics that will drive them home, but health? Here is the current situation according to Barry Segal. (Zechariah 10:6-10)
- Coronavirus vs 5G*: There is a British man called Pastor Jonathan who is speculating that coronavirus is a ruse and that the real cause of this illness which is sweeping the world right now is the introduction of 5G. It’s believable, and certainly more electromagnetic impact cannot be good for human flesh. Biology vs technology is possible but what if it isn’t so stark? Does it have to be either/or? Cannot it be both/and? In other words, what if this virus is both biological and a physical reaction to hyper-technology? Our bodies cannot possibly sustain ongoing impact of radiation and radiation-like influence on our bodies. But would all of medicine and science be duped? Or would they all be in on a scam to delude the world population? Instead, what if there is both a technological-related “virus” and a physical virus that plagues us? Such technology could be weakening our immune systems so that non-threatening viruses attack and kill the weakest of us. Surely as Believers we can pray that the world would wise up to the dangers of technology and rebel against such “advances”. Coronavirus: how to pray? Information helps to lead us. The following link is of Dr Thomas Cowan MD who supports the possibility of the 5G link to the coronavirus and explains it quickly and clearly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUw1Rzbde5U&feature=youtu.be Each of us can weigh up what we hear, consider it in our spirit, and ask the Father what He will confirm. (James 1:5)
- How do any speculations or theories matter? A lot is gossip and gossip is not for the Body of Christ (Proverbs 16:28; 1 Timothy 5:16). Gossip creates concern, separation, fear. Even looking to predict the End of the Age and Jesus’ return is not really where are focus is meant to be. We are the Bride of the Saviour of the world and are meant to be preparing for the Wedding Feast, when Jesus returns for us (Revelation 21:2). Speculation and gossip divide. They lead us away from a study of the Bible and they look at the signs and the times instead. BUT there is a place for considered thought when it leads us to pray to strengthen the Body, to pray to lead unbelievers to Jesus, or to pray against the whiles of the devil. Let us put on the armour of GOD (Ephesians 6:10-18) and pray.
Hallelujah! We know the end of the story. Fear not! Jesus came to overcome the world.
Hallelujah and Amen.
* Also economic collapse within nations is a threat, triggered by the national lockdowns
3 replies on “Coronavirus: Watchman seeking to discern”
Coronavirus – I’m glad you focused on the biblical perspectives. I hadn’t thought about citizens returning to their home countries for judgment. The gradual break-up of Europe looks as if it’s in the offing with each country looking after its own citizens. Good to remind us that gossip is not for the body of Christ. I’m not sure about the 5G business – the biological genesis of this virus can lead to all sorts of prognostications. I suppose seeking the Lord is all we can do.
Yes, indeed Norman. And as you say, seeking the LORD is the way to go. Isaiah 8:12 suggests not to look at conspiracies. Reminds me of Jesus saying, “the poor will always be with you”. Fixing on GOD’s way rather than the problem is always best.
Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Yes, indeed Norman. There is a great deal of depth to this situation isn’t there. GOD is in charge, though the world is busy trying to make sense of it all.