How to Become Super Spiritually Fit
Ready: How can you find and sustain intimacy with God so your mind is renewed and your spirit is toned to lead you? There is no formula to use to become more intimate with God, but it is intimacy with God that will keep you super spiritually fit. You will never deepen your relationship with Christ by filling your brain with my words. So, I’ll keep it short to give you the time to go away and apply – that is spend time with God – so He’ll renew your mind and transform you with His Spirit, so you become more like God.
Set: Start with God’s Word. Choose a scripture and spend time with it:
1. read it 2. roll it around in your mind
3. focus on whatever part of it jumps out at you asking, ‘what does this mean for me today?’
4. chew it – memorize a phrase or listen to your inner heartbeat: that part of you that knows that you know that Jesus Christ is the most real part of your life.
5. Ask God to reveal Himself to you… and wait.
6. Thank Him – just thank Him for being who He is and for anything else that is bubbling up inside of you.
7. Stay as long as you like – or go if you must – but go knowing the God of Heaven, Creator of the universe is filling you with His Holy Spirit to make you strong.
Go: Now go! Choose a peaceful physical space and go into the Word of God. From this moment forward, settle for nothing less than intimacy with your Heavenly Father.